Unix and Linux systems
Unix systems constitute the very core of the information system for some of our clients. Linux servers, either used for specific needs or as a central system, have become essential in any information system.
We have developed key competencies, to help our clients design, implement, operate and support their Unix and Linux servers’ infrastructure, thus ensuring the correct performance of their information system.
Administrating Unix systems is a complex process, integrating a large range of qualifications pertaining to technical tasks, from set up and system configuration to data protection.
Because Unix and Linux technologies have become a necessary part of many information systems, Prolival has decided to heavily invest in them. Our clients use different versions of this OS, we have thus developed strong competencies on the main versions, i.e. Aix, Solaris, HP-UX and Linux.
Our certified engineers have worked on all kinds of projects, from the most simple with only one server involved, to the most complex, involving several dozens of servers located on geographically distant sites. In each case, the critical importance of the architectures they have dealt with coupled with on-field problems have greatly enriched their technical skills.
Benefiting from the resulting know-how, we can offer a range of solutions adapted to our clients’ needs:
- Validate physical architectures, install operating systems, adapt configuration and approve the solution
- Define users and put them into groups depending on roles and jobs
- Implement simple, flexible and strong users environments
- Configure the network as effectively and securely as possible
- Set up audit for operating system and users access
- Secure connections to servers and system services, and protect sensitive data against non-authorised access
- Configure local, distant and spool prints
- Pro-actively update the system with the latest patches, codes and service packs
- Analyse and improve performance
- Provide a high availability level of the system
- Automate administration procedures through personalised scripting
- Implement reliable and efficient backup and restore solutions
- Set up procedures for operation and production follow-up
Should the need arise, our 24/7 Technical Support guarantees our clients a high-level technical help.
We have long ago understood that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. As such, this service is really pre-emptive. To better deal with crisis, we provide constant support during serious problems, and can even send an engineer on site if need be.
Sub-contractor for 24/7 production of Unix-AIX systems of Otis, Carrier, Fnac, Kronembourg and Delphi
Oddo & Cie
24/5 Unix operation monitoring
Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) for all the Unix-Aix servers hosted in Prolival's datacentres