Network and Unified Communications
Network is the very foundation of every IT system: whether you are talking about switching, routing, security, LAN, WAN, unified communications… no information system can function properly without first setting up a network.
Prolival relies on key competencies, for the building, implementation, operation and support of all the elements that allow systems to communicate with one another.
Network is a set of varied technical domains, addressing different skills centres, all getting together to allow IT systems to communicate securely and reliably.
Most common areas include :
- Wired or wireless switching
- Flow optimisation (QoS management, compression…)
- Locations interconnection
Prolival can rely on technical expertise in all these domains, thanks to the experience our consultants have gathered during simple projects (such as implementing a network for a 10-people company) or more complex ones (for example, the implementation of a datacentre for a multinational company).
- Architecture study for the deployment of new networks
Needs assessment study
Definition of physical and logical architecture
Deployment of the solution
- Audit of existing networks leading to recommendations and their implementation
- Study and implementation of new services
- Network monitoring and incidents management
Implementation of patches
- Study and implementation of secure access
Unified communications, a new and powerful tool for the company
Among all the functions that use network, unified communications are the ones that enable telephony to be completely integrated to the IT system of a company. Unified communications indeed help in:
- Integrating the fixed and mobile telephony system to the information system (by unifying LDAP directory for example)
- Integrating voice mail to the company’s mail system, so that end users only need one software to read mails, voice mails, fax, etc.
- Integrating functions of collaborative work (presence, instant mail, documents sharing during conferences, ...)
- Integrating call centres to company’s software packages
Most of our staff is certified, in particular on Cisco technologies, and that allows Prolival to be Cisco Premier Partner. Our consultants have reached different levels of certification:
- CCNA, CCNA Wireless, CCNA Voice, CCNA Security
- CCNP, CCNP Voice, CCNP Security
- CCIE R&S
Design, integration, deployment and maintenance of LANs for all the French sites of the Group
Study, conception and deployment of a Cisco LAN & ToIP infrastructure, unified messaging and two call centres
Crédit Agricole CIB
Implementation and configuration of the infrastructure for QoS management on WAN links (Ipanema nodes and shapers)
Deployment of a Wifi architecture with implementation of specific authentication depending on the population (internal/guest)
Design, implementation, maintenance and support for the Datacentre LAN, hosting the Group's European servers