Mail and Groupware
Mail and Groupware services have become more and more important for businesses. Information sharing is vital now that reactivity and instant response are the order of the day. These tools facilitate teamwork in the company, thanks to the availability of email, calendar, contacts and tasks management, and also for some of them document management. Prolival’s teams can help you implement, optimise or migrate such solutions.
Among Prolival’s staff, many technicians, engineers or consultants, are certified on the technologies and environments of the main actors in the Mail and Groupware market (Microsoft, IBM, VMware). These skills, combined with the right methods, guarantee the success of your projects.
- Architecture study for the deployment of an email system
- Needs assessment study
- Definition of physical and logical architecture
- Deployment of the solution
- Study and implementation of new services
- Mail/Groupware tools monitoring and incidents management
- Problem analysis
- Implementation of patches
- Study and implementation in the case of a migration from one tool to another
- Operation, engineering and level 3 support for groupware infrastructures
We have chosen the solutions provided by the three market leaders, Microsoft, IBM and VMware. Choosing between these solutions depends on the objectives, the IT infrastructure environment and applications requirements particular to each company. Prolival can provide you with the solution best suited to your needs, in complete independence.
A keystone in Microsoft solutions for unified communications, Microsoft Exchange mail solution is the best solution for companies who want to promote collaborative work and increase productivity.
With Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, you can reach your objectives while controlling your costs for deployment, administration and compliance.
Relying on Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 investments, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 helps your IT department reach now levels of performance and reliability, by providing them with features that simplify administration, improve security and answer your users need for mobility.
Exchange provides you with a large range of deployment options, protects you against information loss and helps you respect regulatory requirements.
Microsoft Outlook 2010 provides tools for the management of professional and personal email to more than 500 million Office users around the world. With Outlook 2010, you have access to the most comprehensive set of features, to answer your needs for communication in the office, at home or at school.
Thanks to its new layout and advanced email features, as well as organisation, search, communication and network linking, Outlook 2010 brings you a high level experience to help you stay productive and keep contact with your personal and professional networks.
- IBM Lotus Notes[More]
IBM Lotus Notes software brings social collaboration and business applications together within an easy to use integrated desktop experience, helping you discover, transform, and socialize content with colleagues. It helps keep you focused on your work, pivoting you to the collaboration tool you need at the moment.
- Quickly access workflow-driven and collaborative business applications that support a wide variety of business functions.
- Stay focused on your work by quickly pivoting to a wide variety of social tools that help you connect with people including email, calendars, presence awareness, instant messaging, profiles, status updates, file sharing, and more.
- Helps users manage their ever-growing inboxes effectively, with full-text search, delegation, mail filtering and sorting, conversation views and flags.
- Helps increase user productivity with customizable widgets that can recognize specific patterns of text in Lotus Notes documents; recognized text can be clicked to perform the appropriate business action associated with that widget, such as retrieving information from a flight number in an e-mail.
- Helps minimize or eliminate the impact of computer viruses through robust security features.
- Work when and where you need to, rather than only when you have a network connection with advanced replication technology that automatically synchronizes changes when you reconnect.
- IBM Lotus Domino[More]
Lotus Domino software is a world class platform for critical business, collaboration, and messaging applications. It delivers highly reliable, scalable, and security-rich applications at a low total cost of ownership, helping companies enhance the productivity of people, streamline business processes and improve overall business responsiveness.
- Extends messaging with built-in collaboration tools
- Offers flexibility and choice in hardware platform, operating system, directory and client access
- Provides industry leading security features to help safeguard business-critical information
- Helps maintain a low cost of ownership for messaging and collaboration infrastructure by optimizing the use of supporting resources such as CPU, network bandwidth, disk storage, servers, and floor space.
- Maximizes server availability with advanced clustering, transaction logging, server fault recovery, and automated diagnostic tools
- Easy to administrate, requiring a minimal number of support staff to deploy, manage, and upgrade
- Supports Web services and open standards and offers tools for integration with existing applications
- Can contribute to rapid return on investment (ROI) with Lotus Domino software-powered solutions for your business processes, such as Customer Relationship Management, Supply Chain, and Project Tracking
- Security-rich architecture helps protect your vital business data.
- IBM Lotus Domino Express[More]
IBM Lotus Domino Express software provides a business application platform, security-rich e-mail, calendaring, instant messaging that's easy to use and at a price point designed for mid-sized companies and small departments in large companies. By enabling people to share, manage and organize information more efficiently, it can help streamline business processes and enhance information sharing to help save time and money. Lotus Domino Express software offers cost-effective functionality, security-rich protection of business information, simplified licensing, and minimized administration requirements.
VMware Zimbra products
- Zimbra Collaboration Server[More]
Zimbra Collaboration Server (ZCS) is an email and calendar server plus much more. In addition to email and calendar, it provides file sharing, tasks, contacts, social media, document management and simplified administrative controls all in an award winning webmail user interface built with the latest AJAX web technology. ZCS also provides mobility and syncs to desktop client applications; the server is deployed on commodity Linux and Mac server hardware.
The Zimbra team uses an open source software development methodology. That means they use many proven and highly web-scalable open source components as building blocks in Zimbra Collaboration Server and Zimbra Desktop. There are several major benefits to this approach:
- Time is spent innovating, not re-inventing the wheel
- Faster product maturation and more features
- The code is freely available to the community to use, review and modify
Key to Zimbra’s success is the vast community of over 20,000 developers and IT professionals who help make the product better by providing feedback, support and code contributions.
Main advantages of the solution:
- Agility: you can very easily adapt Zimbra products to suit your business needs
- Compatibility: Zimbra Web client can be used with any other client or platform
- Durability: solution associating reliability and scalability
- Maintenance: simplified administration and fast updates
Zimbra’s main characteristics are:
- Ajax Web Client: you can access all features (email, contacts management, shared calendar, VoIP, mash-up and document creation) through a standard Web browser
- Compatibility with existing clients: built-in synchronisation of ZCS with Microsoft Outlook/Entourage and with Apple Mail, iCal. Support of IMAP/POP clients
- Zimbra Mobile: Zimbra offers a wireless “Push” synchronisation with peripherals using Windows Mobile, Symbian or Palm (no additional server required)
- Linux Server Linux or Mac OS X: complete features - MTA agent, antispam, antivirus, directory, database, migration tools and Ajax Web administration console
- Zimbra Desktop[More]
Zimbra Desktop is the next-generation email and collaboration client.
The free Zimbra Desktop client allows you to meld the online and offline worlds – storing and synching your email, calendar, contacts, files and documents in the cloud, yet having them locally accessible when on the road. Zimbra Desktop aggregates information across accounts (Zimbra, Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.) and social networks (Facebook, Digg, Twitter, etc.) to help make communicating & sharing information easier than ever.
Work Online or Offline
Zimbra Desktop is the perfect complement to Zimbra’s web interfaces because it allows you to have your Zimbra email, calendar, contacts, document, shares and files on your local desktop as well as saved in the cloud. If you ever offline, you can keep on working and when you re-connect all your data automatically syncs again. It even works with any other email account.
All Your Accounts in One Place
Zimbra Desktop allows you to collect multiple accounts in a single place. Whether Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, or Hotmail, all of your email, calendar and contacts are integrated into a single UI along with your Zimbra mail. It’s simple to set up and, best of all it can all be accessed offline.
A Social Gathering
Zimbra Desktop also provides a single place to gather all tweets, Facebook posts, Digg articles, and many more. It’s the most complete cross-platform email and social media account manager available today. And when used with Zimbra Collaboration Server, your information is now available everywhere – whether at your desktop, in front of a browser or on your mobile phone.
Level 3 support for Lotus Domino collaborative infrastructure
Banque de France
Microsoft Exchange and Sharepoint engineering
GrandVision Information Services
Operation and Level 3 support for Lotus Domino collaborative infrastructure
Design and implementation of the system architecture based on Microsoft components: Exchange, Sharepoint
Société Raffinerie de Dunkerque
Migration Lotus Domino towards Microsoft Exchange 2010